4.7.13

Review: Revlon Colorstay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains + Swatches!

I've owned these for a while and absolutely LOVE them. I picked them up at Target for $18.95 which is pretty bargain considering the crazy prices Australia have when it comes to makeup. They're suppose to be similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks which i haven't tried cause they are like twice the price, yeah.... i'm a cheapo, and since they're so awesome, i think i'll survive without the Chubby Sticks. Available in 12 shades, they're suppose to be a lip balm + stain, which is a genius idea. When applied, they glide on oh so smoothly and are so soft on the lips which is a plus in my books since i have rather dry lips and cant stand chapped lips + lipstick on top. Normally, long lasting lip products are often drying but however, this doesn't dry out my lips at all.



It has a sort of minty scent to it, when you apply it, your lips have this cooling sensation which makes them feel fresh and preeeetty good, not too matte, not too glossy. Furthermore, it offers great control as to where you would like the colour to be since it is shaped like a crayon with a pointed tip, i find it pretty useful when you'd like to achieve the ombre lip look.  And for the lazy peeps out there (ahem, me) it's like a retractable crayon which makes it so convenient and handy, great for travelling because c'mon, who can be bothered finding a sharpener to sharpen them when they go blunt, ain't nobody got time for dat. In terms of pigmentation, they're okay, aren't as pigmented as a lipstick but still pretty good since it's a lip balm, great for an everyday natural look and so summer appropriate,so if you have ultra pigmented lips like me, i suggest picking up the darker tones.

Have I mentioned that these last literally FOREVERR!?! I swatched them on my arm one night, woke up, did some morning routine, had a shower, and they were still in where i swatched them. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I've noticed that the darker shades last longer than the lighter ones.



Please excuse my hairy arms. It offers extra insulation in the cold weather. The shades i own in order are

045 Romantic - An everyday sheer red that's not a BAM in your face red that instantly brightens up your face. It has successfully made it into my favourite reds to wear since it suits my yellow undertones pretty nicely.

020 Lovesick - A gorgeous fuchsia shade that is buildable so you can get it as sheer or pigmented as you like. Also, one of the more pigmented shade in the collection.

025 Sweetheart - Bright pink! Nicely pigmented. Definitely a head turner and I received compliments while wearing this which is always a good sign. Colour does fade to a warm pink when worn for a while though which ain't that bad, because it's a happy healthy looking pink. I use this over a nude lipstick for an ombre effect

015 Cherish - A barbie looking blue toned pink that could be to much for some people since its super bright. It doesn't stain as much as the others but meh, can live with that. It will work really well for people with pale lips.

001 Honey - A very lovely mauve colour, almost like a dark nude. The basic everyday colour. I've noticed that it changes colour throughout the day but not too a super noticeable extent. I don't really like wearing this when i have dried lips since it seems to accentuate them.

010 Darling - A gorgeous lavender blue toned pink which is pretty unusual in the drugstore end of the market. Not as pigmented as the rest but still works. This seems weird but the colour varies in different lighting and also goes darker throughout the day.

035 Charm - Nude peachy colour. Not very pigmented and doesn't really show up on my lips, doesn't stain them either. Nothing special about this. I used this while having dry lips and it made me look like a had a horrible skin disease. My least favourite from the lot. Do not recommend this shade over the others.


How adorable are the names right? Especially Sweetheart HAHA... just joking, but they are cute! so lovey dovey! My favourite from the bunch are Lovesick, Honey and Sweetheart. I totally recommend checking them out if you haven't already!

Thanks for reading, i hope this was useful and enjoyable.




*These were not sponsored and please note that this review is based on my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.